'Sharpening the Edge of Bioethics in the UK' - 2nd IME Research Conference
Thursday 18 June 2015, Newcastle University
The conference is a one-day event, designed to give opportunities for academics, clinicians and students involved in biomedical ethics research to present the results of their research activities in analytical and empirical medical ethics.
The outline programme is as follows. More details will follow shortly.
• 09.30-10.00 – Registration, coffee and poster viewing
• 10.00-10.10 – Welcome (Dr Carwyn Hooper)
• 10.10-10.50 – Key Note Speech (Prof Bobbie Farsides)
• 11.00-12.00 – 3 Parallel Sessions (3 x 20 minutes)
• 12.10-13.00 – Building Bioethics in the UK (Ms Catherine Joynson, Dr Merryn Ekberg, Ms Emma Nottingham, Mr Paul Woodgate)
• 13.00-13.50 – Lunch and poster viewing
• 13.50-14.50 – 3 Parallel Sessions (3 x 20 minutes)
• 15.00-15.50 – Panel Discussion (Dr Silvia Camporesi, Dr Lucy Frith, Dr Zoe Fritz, Dr Jon Ives)
• 15.50-16.10 – Coffee and poster viewing
• 16.10-16.50 – Key Note Speech (Prof Michael Parker)
• 16.50-17.00 – Conclusion (Dr Wing May Kong, IME Chair)
• 17.00-18.00 – Drinks Reception
Presentations will come from a range of disciplines relevant to bioethics, including medical ethics, medicine, healthcare, philosophy, social sciences, law and public policy. In addition to submissions from established academics, early career researchers and healthcare professionals, we encouraged submissions from postgraduate and undergraduate students.
IME Research Committee: Dr Carwyn Hooper (Chair), Rev Bryan Vernon, Dr Anna Smajdor, Dr. Zoe Fritz, Dr Lucy Frith, Dr Merryn Ekberg, Dr Silvia Camporesi and Ms Emma Nottingham.
Booking will open shortly.