Jobs and study opportunities
Intercalated BSc in Medical Ethics and Law: King's College London
Medical Law & Ethics
The Intercalated BSc in Medical Ethics and Law is available to any medical student currently between their second and fifth year of study. Student numbers are restricted to 16 places. This is so that each student may access a full range of quality clinical placements in the second semester. Places are offered following interview conditionally on successful completion of the current year of study.
Students acquire essential skills which are difficult to gain in the core MBBS course. These skills are highly transferable, each having a major impact on the various roles they might play in the health service, whether their main focus is clinical work, administration, research or teaching. These important skills include:
- An awareness of and sensitivity to moral issues in clinical practice
- Ability to use primary legal sources
- Setting up and running a case discussion group
- Ability to sift valid arguments from poor ones
- Understanding of complex new legal and moral concepts.